Canine birthday cake
Get a dog bone silicone pan. They are great!
In a bowl with your mixer, combine these ingredients:
* 1 cup wheat flour
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/8 cup healthy oil of choice
* 1/4 cup peanut butter
* 1/2 cup purified water
* 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (non spiced. You can double up on this. Just add another 1/2c of water)
* 1 egg
* 1/8c of molasses
Once everything is incorporated you’re going to get it in your dog bone pan which should sit on a cookie sheet. Fill your mould a little bit more than 1/2 way, or half way is fine too. 350 degrees for an hour. Once the center of the cake is no longer shiny-it means you’re done.
In another bowl whisk these ingredients:
* 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
* 1/4 cup non-hydrogenated peanut butter (heat it up in a dish if it’s like a brick)
* Add a tbsp of sugar if your humans want some.
Stick it in the fridge.
Once your cake is finished, with care, flip the cake onto the cookie pan upside down to release the cake. If this didn’t work, your dog will still love your shotty work :)
Put it in the fridge and let it sit overnight and resist the urge to have a late night sleep walk splurge.
Everything should be firm. With a small spatula it’s time to paint your bone. It’s that simple! You’re officially a canine master baker!